Dual Degree Master’s Program
Partner School: Georgia Institute of Technology (GIT), USA
Master of Science in Building Construction and Facility Management (GIT)
Master in Architecture (NTUST)
NTUST- Department of Architecture
GIT – School of Building Construction
Application documents and eligibility:
- Registered Master’s student @ NTUST
- Finished at least 18 credits at NTUST
- English proof of proficiency (one of the following):
- IELTS 7.0 (min of 6.5 in each component, except Writing 5.5)
- TOEFL 90 (min of 19 in each section)
- Study Plan
- After finishing 1.5-2 years at NTUST, student will go to GIT for 2~3 semesters to obtain the required credits from GIT and obtain their degree, then return to NTUST to finish any left-over credits and do Theis defense for NTUST degree.
- Maximum of 6 credits are transferable from GIT to NTUST at the discretion of NTUST, students are encouraged to list and check the planned courses for credit transfer before applying.
- At GIT, student is required to obtain the required credits stated by GIT.
- Student needs to finish their course-work at NTUST and graduate within 2 years of outbound.
- GIT offers 2 types of tracks, Thesis and Non-Thesis.
|Thesis Option||Non-Thesis Option|
|Core Course (12 CR)|
|Approved Electives (3 CR)||Approved Electives (6 CR)|
|Research Methods (3 CR)||Concentration Elective (3 CR)|
|Thesis Credit Hours (12 CR)||Common Core Electives (6 CR)|
|Capstone Project (3 CR)|
|Total credits: 30|
- GIT related fees (insurance, International field trip in the spring semester, transportation…etc) are payable by the student to GIT.
- GIT offers no scholarship, but waives requirement for GRE, tuition for Fall of 2020 is USD$39,680.
- Upon completion of the program, students can apply for Optional Practical Training – OPT and obtain 36 months’ work visa.
Application schedule: program is on pause until further notice
for more information: https://sustain.ad.ntust.edu.tw/