With “Renewal and Extension” as topic, we expect to highlight the true meaning of “green architecture”. Rather than utilizing expensive equipment and paying high maintenance fee, the architectural design should take natural environment of the location into consideration particularly for older buildings. More importantly we should focus on the improvement of natural ventilation, natural lighting, temperature control and etc., to reflect the most natural environment possible in conserving energy, reducing waste and strengthening health as well as achieve the core value and mission of design – sustainability.
- Students awarded at Young Ones ADC Award under guidance of Prof. Cheng Cheng Li and Associate Prof. Chen Yan Ting (0)
- Student Shao-Yue Chen and Chian-Shiang Luo won silver medal in the “2012 Intelligent Green Building Design Competition”, with the guidance of professor architecture, Cheng-Li Cheng. (0)
- Professor of Architecture, Cheng-Li Cheng, professor Yi-Xun Chiu and instructor Qun-Feng Tai led students to participate in “Kaohsiung Housing Creative Design Competition” organized by Kaohsiung City Government. Students Shao-Ming Chen, You-Lin Chian, Po-Jun Chen, Hu-Shu Hsieh are awarded first place, team of Jun-Feng Tai, Jia-Yu Yang, Jing-Hung Lin and Chi-Wei Wan, and team of Chian-Hui Tang, Ying-Ru Chen, You-Han Hu and Yan-Zhi Liu are awarded excellent works (0)
- Professor of architecture, Cheng-Li Cheng is the first person in Taiwan receiving international honorary membership of Society of Heating, Air-Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan (0)
- Professor of architecture Cheng-Li Cheng and Yi-Xun Chiu, along with instructor Qun-Feng Tai leads student Chian-Hui Tang, Shiao-Ming Chen and Huan-Hung Lin to participate in “Green Housing Creative Design Contest” and won first place, second place and third place respectively (0)