Life in Kaohsiung is closely related to the ocean, fishing and aquaculture have been important industries; seaports, boating and water sports are the memories that people share in this city. There has been an outflow of population due to the increased urbanization and industrialization in recent years, which caused the problem of aging population and created further difference in lifestyles between the city and smaller towns. It is now an important task for the residents of Kaohsiung to figure out how they can call upon the shared memories of the locals and re-activate local industries and create business opportunities to ensure the survival of this town. Another important matter that residents of Kaohsiung need to be prepared for is the increasing sea level due to global climate change.
- Students awarded at Young Ones ADC Award under guidance of Prof. Cheng Cheng Li and Associate Prof. Chen Yan Ting (0)
- Student Shao-Yue Chen and Chian-Shiang Luo won silver medal in the “2012 Intelligent Green Building Design Competition”, with the guidance of professor architecture, Cheng-Li Cheng. (0)
- Professor of architecture, Cheng-Li Cheng led students of master’s program, Shiao-Ming Chen, Yi Chen to participate in the 2012 Student Architecture International Competition and awarded first place (1)
- Professor of architecture, Cheng-Li Cheng is the first person in Taiwan receiving international honorary membership of Society of Heating, Air-Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan (0)
- Professor of architecture Cheng-Li Cheng and Yi-Xun Chiu, along with instructor Qun-Feng Tai leads student Chian-Hui Tang, Shiao-Ming Chen and Huan-Hung Lin to participate in “Green Housing Creative Design Contest” and won first place, second place and third place respectively (0)