There is only one earth, and the resources on earth are also limited. We can only bring forth disasters fighting against nature because the survival of humanity is closely related to the environment on earth.
From the prospective of architectural design, safety, comfort, health and convenience are the elements that humans have long desired after in our lifestyles, and these probably are not going to change in the future; therefore, facing the world trend of hi-tech development, new concepts and methods must be incorporated in ecology, environmental protection, energy conservation, greenery and local conditions, as well as partnerships and sustainability.
These are all the challenges we face in the field architecture today. An updated definition of architectural technique and environmental technology is needed for modern architectural technique no longer focuses only on machinery and equipment. Taiwan is an island country with limited resources; therefore, it is even more important for us to establish accurate modern architectural technique and concept to comply with the trend of the world.
- Students awarded at Young Ones ADC Award under guidance of Prof. Cheng Cheng Li and Associate Prof. Chen Yan Ting (0)
- Student Shao-Yue Chen and Chian-Shiang Luo won silver medal in the “2012 Intelligent Green Building Design Competition”, with the guidance of professor architecture, Cheng-Li Cheng. (0)
- Professor of Architecture, Cheng-Li Cheng, professor Yi-Xun Chiu and instructor Qun-Feng Tai led students to participate in “Kaohsiung Housing Creative Design Competition” organized by Kaohsiung City Government. Students Shao-Ming Chen, You-Lin Chian, Po-Jun Chen, Hu-Shu Hsieh are awarded first place, team of Jun-Feng Tai, Jia-Yu Yang, Jing-Hung Lin and Chi-Wei Wan, and team of Chian-Hui Tang, Ying-Ru Chen, You-Han Hu and Yan-Zhi Liu are awarded excellent works (0)
- Professor of architecture, Cheng-Li Cheng led students of master’s program, Shiao-Ming Chen, Yi Chen to participate in the 2012 Student Architecture International Competition and awarded first place (1)
- Professor of architecture, Cheng-Li Cheng is the first person in Taiwan receiving international honorary membership of Society of Heating, Air-Conditioning and Sanitary Engineers of Japan (0)